Whether you forgot the password, follow this steps to reset the app:
Note: when resetting the app you’ll find the item list empty. Please note that there are thousands of hidden items in macOS, so in order to recover your hidden folders or files, you’ll need to know where they are located, please see the How to recover not listed hidden items solution.
1. Quit the app if it's running and be sure to be in the Finder (there must be written "Finder" next to the apple icon in the menu bar).
2. Show the Library folder.
In OS X El Capitan 10.11 or earlier:
Pull down the “Go” menu and hold down the alt/option key. Choose “Library” from the drop down list.
In macOS Sierra 10.12 or later:
Pull down the “Go” menu and hold down the Shift key. Choose “Library” from the drop down list.
In macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later:
Just pull down the “Go” menu and choose “Library” from the drop down list.
3. Delete this folder to reset all the app settings:
/Application Support/Altomac/Hide Folders/
4. Launch the app and wait until it recreates the necessary resources.
5. You're done.
The hidden files and folders are not affected in no way by this procedure. In order to recover your hidden folders or files, please see the Note below.
- How to recover not listed hidden items
- How the app works
- After a Time Machine restore I can't see my hidden items
Related External Links:
- How to Remember a Forgotten Password [WikiHow.com]
- Creating Secure Passwords [About.com]
- How To Successfully Guess Your Own Passwords [About.com]